Head of eCommerce
Multi-Channel Retailer, Fashion
£60,000 - £70,000 DOE
Purple Monkey Recruitment are working exclusively with a UK based retailer, with an expanding online business. Ecommerce is at the heart of their growth strategy and the Head of eCommerce with be responsible for the strategic development, trading and operations of the 3 websites, shopping apps and marketplaces – ensuring all targets and KPIs are met.
The role has full P&L responsibility and covers multiple disciplines including trading, digital marketing, logistics and fulfilment and customer services as well as the management and development of a team of 6 full time employees.
The Head of eCommerce will have ownership of the online shops, and will be accountable for the optimal commercial interpretation and implementation of the brand’s strategy and vision across the online experience. Leveraging all data and insight available, this role will be accountable for identifying, recommending and delivering strategic and tactical ecommerce initiatives, ultimately driving conversion and profitable growth for the brand.
As Head of eCommerce you will:
- Ensuring channel KPIs are met through effective merchandising and optimisation of channels.
- Oversee product admin and product merchandising team, ensuring new product is published to the trading channels in a timely manner.
- Work closely with various agencies to optimise all digital marketing campaigns and deliver profitable traffic growth – covering SEO, PPC, Affiliates, Email, Social and other digital advertising formats.
- Close collaboration with the Head of Marketing in driving forward the customer communication strategy and optimising our creative content.
- Manage, from brief to execution, the email newsletter process. Ensuring the all the online communication is aligned to target customers.
- Effectively plan and manage ongoing web development in line with the wider commercial and business strategy. Be the “voice of digital” within the business and effectively champion digital ambitions to the wider business.
- Manage the creation of all photography and videography for all products and marketing campaigns from within in-house studio. Ensuring all assets are delivered to the highest quality, on time and on budget.
- Evaluate new media and new technology for online progression, includingdevelopment for mobile web and apps.
- Provide weekly and monthly analytical reports, implementing change based on site performance to maximise site traffic and conversion rates.
- Responsible for web analytic tools, tracking and management of information systemsto monitor current online marketing campaign performance, seeking new opportunities to improve performance.
- Responsible for the technological performance and development of the ecommerce infrastructure, covering areas such as web front and back end, payment gateways, product feed management and logistics integration
- Work closely with third party fulfilment and logistics partners to ensure all last-mile activity is running effectively and providing customers with the best possible service levels.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 5 direct reports: Web Merchandiser, Web Administrator, Senior Designer, Senior Photographer and Customer Service Advisor.
- Effectively build and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and external partners.
- Promote effective and professional team working amongst colleagues and direct reports.
- Effectively communicate with Head Office functions and comply with internal processes.
- Manage Ecommerce team with personal development identifying areas for improvement.
- Successfully recruit and strive to create and retain talent in line with Company process and procedure.
- Effectively lead Ecommerce team to ensure performance standards and targets are met.
- Ensure all staff related processes and forms are completed accurately, on time and in line with Company procedures.
- Improve best practice and promote business efficiencyamongst Ecommerce team and leading by example.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Commercially astute and highly analytical, preferably coming from a fast paced, dynamic fashion business with demonstrable experience in growing online revenues.
- Experienced and passionate about the online environment, taking a proactive and often hands-on approach in driving the business forwards.
- Customer focused with a solid understanding of service delivery excellence, with aproven ability to deliver strategic growth.
- Able to build rapport with key people throughout the business and communicate effectively at all levels – the ideal candidate will be a champion for all things digital within the business.
- Extensive knowledge in the online environment, a clear understanding of key online marketing priorities and have strong leadership, team management skills and experience.
This is a great time for an experienced Head of eCommerce / Online to join a business at a time of planned growth.
This role is being managed by Purple Monkey Recruitment Ltd and all 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Rebecca Tolson at PMR who will assume ownership of the application.
Interested in this role? Please contact Rebecca Tolson @ firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to jobs