Group Social Media Manager
Portsmouth or Plymouth
Role: Group Social Media Manager
Purple Monkey Recruitment is again delighted to be supporting Brittany Ferries with the recruitment of this critical role. This is an exciting phase in the history and development of the brand as it continues transforming into a modern forward thinking company, which places digital at the forefront of its strategic approach.
Brittany Ferries is a well-known premium French ferry and tour operator providing excellent services to France, Spain, Ireland and the UK. The business is now 18 months into a project fully backed by the Executive Team, which has seen a transformation of the company core values. In conjunction with this there has been a root and branch overall of it’s digital proposition, bringing the business forward enabling it to compete in the modern marketplace.
Brittany Ferries carries 2.5 million passengers to 11 destinations each year. 70% of sales are transacted through the varied digital channels. 10% of those sales are from the tour operator arm of the business, which provides holidays in the regions, which it serves.
The primary responsibility for the Group Social Media Manager is to refine and deliver the groups social media strategy, driving affinity and purchase in line with the groups vision, delivering world class customer service whilst also exploring and curating new and existing social channels, communities and opportunities. This key role will sit within the Campaign, Tactical & Destination Marketing Team reporting into the Head of Campaign, Tactical & Destination Marketing. It would be important to highlight at this stage that the ability to speak French to a ‘good’ standard would be hugely beneficial, however, it’s not a ‘must have.’ They are happy to support someone who is prepared to learn French.
- Attend, contribute to and help deliver detailed strategy in social (and social content for all markets)
- Lead on social governance, capability, capacity and operation (and associated delivery of social content, community management and customer support) for each market
- Make recommendations for any changes in capability and capacity and operating model within prevailing resource constraints
- Help relieve capacity and capability constraints within current team by providing hands on assistance in the delivery of the current strategy
- Contribute to the on-going development of the balanced scorecard for key measures to monitor the success of social media. Also delivering the benefits identified on a range of strategic initiatives in the digital transformation strategy
- Work closely with key stakeholders to consider and, if approved, acquire and implement a social moderation & measurement tool
- Manage a small team of direct reports across different markets to ensure social vision is being delivered with measurable effect.
- Engage and inspire key stakeholders across the business to ensure social vision is delivered collaboratively and creatively with strong brand affinity
- Innovate, appraise and deliver social vision and enhance digital customer experience through the optimisation of existing social channels and exploration of new ones.
- Management of brand reputation within social channels and deliver the new brand positioning through social
- Be part of the crisis communication plans via social channels
- Experienced social media professional
- Multiple years of line management incl. P&L responsibility
- Good knowledge of the Business Strategy and plan
- General appreciation of the business operation
- Good working knowledge of business collaboration and communication tools and technologies
- Social content strategy and production useful
- Travel sector experience idealLocation: This role could be located in either the Plymouth or Portsmouth Office. There is a requirement to travel between the UK and France and some to Ireland & Spain. Every other week a visit to Roscoff in Brittany is required to visit HQ.Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience.
All applications for this position should be sent to Chris Winfield – firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is being managed exclusively by Purple Monkey Recruitment Ltd and all 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Chris Winfield at PMR who will assume ownership of the application.