eCommerce Strategy Consultant
Purple Monkey are delighted to be working with Volo Commerce, a specialist Ecommerce sales consultancy who have exciting plans to move towards a SaaS proposition. As part of this evolution they are looking for an eCommerce Strategy Consultant to join the team in this newly created role. Backed by Notion Capital and with one of the UKs most successful tech leaders at the helm, Volo are at the forefront of eCommerce sales growth. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic eCommerce professional to work with a growing portfolio of predominantly manufacturing clients to grow online sales via international marketplaces. With the launch of an innovative automation solution this is a great time to join at the beginning of significant growth from $10m – $50m+ over the next 5 years.
This role involves analysing commercial performance data and developing initiatives that improve and drive commercial sales performance, mainly through marketplace.
A ruthlessly commercial and ultra-analytical eCommerce Strategy Consultant is needed to define and execute the strategy for driving performance of Volo’s clients and working with internal teams with the aim of delivering exponential revenue growth. This will include analysing performance, using data to influence their conversion funnel, copy and positioning – all to optimise mutual value.
As the eCommerce Strategy Consultant you will;
- Consult closely with manufacturer customers in tandem with the Account Management leads to align with and advise on the product development roadmap, in line with new marketplace opportunities
- Work with key stakeholders in the customer businesses, to communicate strategy and deliver actionable insights
- Work with the listings team to ensure, advise on and enhance product titles, descriptions, categorisation, and keywords to improve page rank and consumption
- Actively monitor reviews and customer inquiries to gain insights on product gaps and opportunities
- Conduct ongoing marketplace keyword research
- Research and optimise listings leveraging e.g. Seller Central and other tools to enhance placement and organic search performance
- Partner with our customers marketing function or Agency to implement short and long-term campaigns to drive traffic and consumption
- Develop promotions to support our customers key products and brands
- Access and analyse all available market data to provide ongoing analysis to compare past and current sales combined with pricing and competitive factors to achieve target growth through identifying new ecommerce opportunities
- Develop marketplace reporting summaries, search term analytics and competitive benchmarking and make recommendations to drive business KPIs
- Manage the channels for errors, alerts, questions and inquiries and resolve with a high sense of urgency
- Monitor marketplace patterns and trends to support our customers ecommerce growth strategy
- Monitor and make recommendations related to competitive assortment, pricing, and consumer engagement
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience of driving e-commerce revenue growth in turnaround or start-up environments – this newly created role requires a self-starter who has a track record of creating and implementing sales strategies and tactical plans
- Strong comfort with data, ability to collect, analyse and develop actionable insight from data.
- Significant experience in developing and launching e-commerce products / channels across B2B & B2C organisations in an agile way – preferably with focus on marketplaces
- Strong knowledge of typical customer journeys and the factors which deliver a successful online experience
- Proven experience of leveraging 3rd party revenue opportunities – specifically 3rd party online marketplaces, online & multi-channel retail partners
- Very commercially minded, ability to recognise commercial imperatives, threats and opportunities.
- Excellent stakeholder management, ability to articulate a business case.
- Ideally experience in a digital or online environment, such as eCommerce, Media, Travel, entertainment, marketplaces, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Candidates may come from a number of eCommerce backgrounds; strategy consultant, management consultant, business analysts, functional analyst, insight analyst, project manager, etc.
An incredible opportunity to join a highly smart and forward thinking company and team in a pivotal role.
This role is being managed by Purple Monkey Recruitment Ltd and all 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Rebecca Tolson at PMR who will assume ownership of the application.
Interested in this role? Please contact Rebecca Tolson @ email@example.com
Back to jobs